Newable Private Investing is the UK’s leading early-stage investment and business angel network
- Our Fund is structured as an Evergreen Fund, with capital deployed over 12-18 months per subscription.
- Our Fund has no final termination date and subscriptions are open all year round.
- Our Fund aims to invest in a diversified portfolio of knowledge intensive companies
- It provides investors exposure to early stage investing without the need to stock-pick and commit management time.
- Our focus is Med Tech, AI, Space, Robotics and 4IR companies.
- Our deal flow partnerships provide us access to 1,500 companies annually.
- Risk is partly mitigated through our selection methodology and due diligence processes, and by looking to leverage the HMRC's Enterprise Investment Scheme tax incentives.
- We also offer investors the opportunity to join or lead syndicates on a deal by deal basis
- We showcase around 70 companies to our network in each year.
- Investee companies enjoy access to full range of Newable's products and services
Meet the team
Chief Financial Officer
Mike joined Newable in January 2010. As Chief Financial Officer, he provides strategic financial support for all of our key business activities including acquisition. He also leads our early-stage investment business, Newable Private Investing.
Mike has worked for some 30 years in the financial services sector and qualifying initially as a Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse Coopers.
He has worked mainly in the asset management sector with Invesco /LGT as Group Financial Controller and has held senior CFO and COO positions at Credit Suisse Asset Management’s UK business, Deutsche Asset Management Europe and Barclays Global Investors European and Asia ex Japan businesses. Most recently, Mike was Global Chief Operating Officer at Apax Partners, the major private equity group.
Director at Larpent Newton. Director of Hygea VCT and developer of SmartCo investing. Previous Director at Octopus Investments. Following qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (CA), he worked for KPMG for 13 years.
Co Founder/Director of £30m Seraphim Capital VC Fund and £67m Seraphim Space VC Fund. Co Founder and Past Chair of UK Business Angels Association. President Emeritus of European Business Angel Network. Qualified as a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Secretary at Deloitte Haskins & Sells (now PWC).
Responsible for overseeing investments across the Fund, having been involved in over 50 Investments since joining in 2011 . MA (Hons) in Economics and Modern History from University of St. Andrews and Masters in General Management from Vlerick Leuven Ghent Management School, Belgium. ‘Investor in Residence’ at King’s College, London.
Venture Partner at Syncona Europe’s largest life science Fund and on the the Board of Alan Turing Institute, UK data science and AI institute. Previously top rated Innovation Fund Manager in global equities for Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) and New Star Asset Management. Degree in Chemistry, King’s College, London, MBA Cranfield and CFA Charterholder. Innovation fellow at Cambridge University.
Dan has 30 years of Investment experience. The majority of his time has been spent in the equity growth and technology sector, most recently at Abu Dhabi Investment Authority. Dan is an active angel Investor and has an Honors degree in Engineering from Bath University and an MBA from Imperial College London.
Rita has 25 years of award-winning investment experience in Asset Management, notably at M&G and Aviva. Rita sits on various committees herself such as Ashoka India Equity Investment Trust Plc and The Girls Day School Trust, and holds a degree in Business Studies from City University and is a CFA Charterholder.