MedCity Investor Showcase
Since the programme’s inception in 2014, it has focused on creating links between Business Angels and early stage investment opportunities. The main identified verticals being healthcare and life science companies
The latest event was hosted by FieldFisher, a world renowned Law Firm with global outreach spanning 24 office locations. FieldFisher’s London HQ provided the dramatic skyline backdrop for 5 start-ups to pitch their visions to a room of 80 Angels offering a £7.9m opportunity. The companies pitching were:
- Medicspot, creating networks of clinical examination stations to quell the ever increasing appointment demands.
- OR Productivity, pioneering their FreeHand Robot to provide stable video solutions for keyhole surgeries, a previous venture for NPI in the 2012 and 2014 EIS/SEIS funds.
- SurgEase, creating a modern solution for diagnosis of rectal cancer to identify legions earlier thereby potential life expectancy.
- Eagle Genomics, developing a platform for looking into data analysis of Microbiomics, another previous venture for NPI in the 2013,2016 and 2017 (SUF 1) EIS/SEIS Funds.
- OMS, offering an alternative medical training method for medical professionals using VR technologies.
Following the success of the event prospective Angels have made contact and liaised with the business, through NPI. These deals are still in progress but our KPIs indicate the programme continues to prove invaluable to both NPI and MedCity with many more events slated for 2019.