What is the Trillion Dollar Hashtag? A brave new flexible world featuring Antony Slumbers.
In the first episode of a new podcast series, Caleb Parker founder of Bold, chats with leading property tech commentator Antony Slumbers, about transformation, technology, and innovation in the space sector.
Slumbers travels the world speaking on space-as-a-service and consulting on new changes in technology, micro and macro-economics and changing customer expectations in commercial real estate.
Takeaways from this episode
- Businesses don’t want an office, they want a productive workforce.
- #SpaceAsAService is now rapidly moving into the mainstream.
- Knowing who you are as a landlord is vital with #SpaceAsAService
- Successful networks win because they become a safe, comfortable and painless solution to a need. And they grow exponentially; from no-one knowing anything about them to suddenly being known by everyone. But once established, their value grows exponentially as well.
- The days of coming into the office 5 days a week is terminal.
Mostly, real estate companies are optimised for being product/rent collector companies. As they should be. That is what has worked for several decades. Build or buy an asset, lease it, keep it or sell it. And many are very good at that; the concern is that many will forget what they are, and think their slick machine will work in a different world. It won’t.
About the guest
Antony Slumbers has been a software development and technology strategist in commercial real estate since 1995. Now, he consults and works with corporate real estate boards on transformation, technology, and innovation. Slumbers speaks internationally on space as a service, AI, innovation, and the future of work and the workplace.