Introducing the America Made Easy Podcast
Welcome to the America Made Easy Podcast, the show where we help international SMEs tackle the complexity of setting up and growing their business in the American market.
Season 1: Building a Roadmap for Success in the American Market
Host Morgan Pierstorff, Business Development Director for Newable Avitus’ America Made Easy programme, will be exploring the operational elements of scaling your business in the American market speaking with experts from across the Newable Avitus network and beyond about best practices for international firms.
Intro: With Scale Comes Complexity – Navigating A US Expansion
Featuring Allyson Stewart-Allen, Founder & CEO of International Marketing Partners
Opportunities abound for ambitious British businesses eyeing a US expansion. America is the largest consumer market in the world with over 265 million consumers and a $21.4 trillion economy. Yet any UK company that’s tackled the American market will tell you there are plenty of obstacles along the way.
If you are leading or are part of a team responsible for executing a US expansion regardless of whether you are at square one or have been in the US market for years…if you have wished you could test your business in the market before fully investing, the America Made Easy Podcast can help you streamline your operations and growth.
We are kicking off the podcast series with Allyson Stewart-Allen, Founder & CEO of International Marketing Partners who sits down to help preview our upcoming season, identify some key challenges UK firms face expanding to the US and share her thoughts on why SMEs should be subscribing.
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Working with Americans: How to Build Profitable Business Relationships
By: Allyson Stewart-Allen and Lanie Denslow
– Our listeners can order the book and claim a 20% discount with the code “WWA20” here. Note the code expires on 31 December 2020.
- We’re helping small and mid-sized companies deal with the challenge of balancing their day job and an international expansion.
- The US and UK share a common language but culturally we couldn’t be further apart so SMEs need to know how to avoid common pitfalls in order to save time, money and embarrassment.
- Do even more homework! On average companies will have 10x more competitors in the US. Don’t assume just because you’ve travelled to America that you have clarity on and can articulate why your product/service is different and better—until you can you won’t be able to break through the noise in the US market.
- Take the little bit of clarity we have around Brexit and run! There will always be a reason not to do something— leverage this opportunity to introduce your brand and gain market share.
Support for America Made Easy comes from Newable Avitus the Transatlantic Joint Venture supporting ambitious SMEs with setting up in the United States. We help make entrepreneurs lives easier by providing an operational solution for their US expansion strategies so that they can focus on driving revenue and doing what they got into business to do in the first place.
Newable helps companies thrive by providing the essential resources they need to take the next step with their business by offering financing, premises and professional support. Newable works with 22,500 businesses a year at the heart of the UK economy, helping people start, scale and sustain their enterprises. Newable’s purpose is to achieve profit and social impact in equal measure.
For over 20 years, Avitus Group has provided business administration services for more than 3,000 companies in the US. Avitus Group’s Business Solutions includes a suite of specialist services designed to help clients simplify, strengthen and grow their business. From planning your entry into the US market to helping you sustain your business, Avitus offers the combination of customised and comprehensive support you need.