Are you wondering what to post on your Social media profiles in these uncertain times?
International Social Media Speaker, Trainer and Consultant, Zoe Cairns shares tips on how to best utilise social media platforms as a business during these times.
We have been speaking to many businesses over the last 11 weeks about their strategies and content marketing plans.
Some businesses reacted in a way that they thought to stop posting on Social media was the best strategy to take. However, this is not the right thing to do for your business.
Your business, now more than ever needs to keep its brand strong, maintain its online audience, keep them informed, and continue to drive traffic and sales to survive and grow.
People are taking to Social media to engage, keep in touch and communicate with their co-workers and family. Now is a great time to be online and keep your brand in front of these people.
You need to make sure that you are posting content that will keep your audience engaged, interactive and following you.
We are going to share the key areas you may consider when planning your content over the coming months.
- Inform – Keep your audience informed of your business activities whilst in COVID-19, however don’t saturate them too much, unless this is the area you’re in and the communication they would be expecting from you.
- Educate – Now is a great time to educate your audience on your key subject/topic areas that form your business. Educate by providing videos, LIVE Q&A, blogs and sharing key knowledge tops, strategies and information that your audience will find useful and valuable to their business, or life.
- Entertain – Provide a distraction to your audience, something light-hearted but not a comedy picture or meme on COVID-19. Remember, your reputation counts right now. Share an inspiration count, motivational videos, Ted talks, or a team video! Keep them entertained and coming back for more!
- Sell – Its ok to keep selling, however, it may be that you’ve had to tweak your offering, product and service to fit the climate we are currently in. Selling in our normal way could be insensitive right now, so remember to think about your captions! Turn off the scheduler.
- And, don’t discount your prices! Package your offering and provide payment plans. Don’t devalue your product or service.
- Build – It’s now the perfect time to build your community. From analytics we have seen a climb in the amount of people using social media since the 2nd April. It’s a great time to share great content, build a know, like and trust, and build your tribe!
Keep your brand strong, be consistent and work on something amazing!